Jocelyn's Israelite Soldier

Check out this awesome drawing of an Israelite soldier! Drawn by Jocelyn - age 12. What a great illustration Jocelyn! Thanks for sharing it! As promised I'll tell you my favorite part of the drawing, and the part of the drawing that could be best improved.




Wow! Nice detail on the shin guards and feet. That detail isn't easy - I know. I really like the face too. My favorite part is the detailed folds of the cloak around the neck. Good job! Cloth and drapery are among the hardest things to capture in art. It's taken me years to figure out how cloth and material fold in on each other.

If there was anything I'd encourage you to improve, it would be the sword. Swords look best when the lines are really straight. Sometimes it helps to use a ruler, however you don't have to. The whole drawing is excellent, and I think you did a great job! Keep it up and keep your pencil sharp!